Have an interest in being part of the behind the scenes magic of the 2017 New York International Salsa Congress (#NYISC2017)?
Volunteering is an exciting way to get involved! The 17th Annual NYISC planning committee is looking for volunteers who are outgoing, flexible, go-getters, and team players with a genuine love for salsa-dancing and event planning. You will work closely with our team, make new friends and make a genuine contribution to this fun and dynamic community.
Some volunteer responsibilities during the event and leading up to the event include: assisting with vendors, information desk/concierge, backstage runner, workshop monitors, stewarding and more.
What are the requirements of becoming a volunteer?
We ask that our volunteers come with plenty of energy, willingness to work and smile. In addition, we require:
We ask our volunteers to commit to signing up for a minimum of 4 hours to qualify
Must arrive/leave the venue each day with your own transport. Meals on own
Knowledge of NYC:
For certain tasks, New York City knowledge is preferred for any concierge-type question related to NYC
Must be available from Thursday, August 31 – Sunday, September 3, 2017
For certain tasks, comfortable with computers
Must have good English language proficiency
Attend one group meeting at the Marriott Marquis prior to the event. Date and time will be provided.
• Volunteers will have access to all events over the weekend when not working. You will get a full pass ticket ($299).
• Plenty of time to enjoy the event with your free pass – workshops, performances, live bands, social dancing.
• Volunteers can also attend the kick-off welcome party.
• Volunteering looks great on your resume to potential employers
• Party with your friends and make new ones!
• Free t-shirt (to be worn during volunteer times)
Sign Up Now!